Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I wish I could have gotten a picture this morning of Aaron with his fellow cub/boy scouts walking behind the fire engine that had its sirens blasting to let everyone know that they were collecting food for a food drive  It sure was fun to see him get excited about helping, and working hard for others.  It is definitely one of the ways we are getting into the Christmas spirit around here.  He did good, and walked a lot this morning!  Then he helped a lot sorting through all that food! This is what the Christmas season is all about, all the little things that help us to feel the love and light of Jesus Christ.

IMG_7355

Speaking of lights...we got some up today!  April wanted to help, so she got to put them all up!  Daddy's back is glad for that!  She loves doing stuff like this, and even asked me to go get the camera.  It has been a few years since we have put them up, so it makes my heart happy to see them on!

This wreath is so festive.  I just love it.  I think this is the first year I've had a real live wreath.  We are doing a wreath fundraiser for our homeschool co-op, so we bought one for our own door!

image

Our church had a Christmas celebration last night.  All the kids sang a few songs, and that always makes me smile and brings the a sweet Christmas spirit.

IMG_7331

IMG_7332 Some other shots of the boys playing around after the dinner...
IMG_7328

For some reason Alex thought it was fun to throw his hat in the air and catch it...

IMG_7326
IMG_7325

 A new thing for our family this year is Hide and hug Olaf.  I was excited to find this at Costco because we don't do elf on the shelf.  But I love the concept of hiding something fun each night for the kids to find.  So we have Olaf!  The story is great too that comes with it.  Alex likes to read it over and over and over and over again.

IMG_7313
Aric giving Olaf a big hug!
 I haven't been real creative with him yet, but I will get better and hopefully share some of his silly antics here.

Merry Christmas!

Desiree
 

No comments: