Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas day!

Christmas came and went so fast this year.  I feel like I miss it already and I just didn't get a chance to do everything I wanted to, but at the same time I'm glad to move on. It's a weird mixed feeling. Part of me wants a do-over.  I keep reminding myself there is always next year though.  And, we had a pretty sweet Christmas morning that came together beautifully, so I'm very grateful for that.

The kids came out in their usual line up. Some year I will have to compare these pictures from all the years.  It's fun to see how they have grown each year.

IMG_7473

First they found Olaf, who had made a mess of the table, and who delivered the family gift of a trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Feb.

IMG_7470

Then, it was off to find stockings! This is Alex with his stocking...

IMG_7474

Aric getting into his stocking...

IMG_7475

 April's stocking is easy to spot, it's the only pink one...

IMG_7476

Aaron found his!...

IMG_7478

Opening presents

We took a quick break to eat some donuts, then we moved onto the presents...

I love Aaron's face in this picture.  He looks appalled, but he's really surprised, and happy.  He was hoping for that particular gift.  It was "the one thing he really wanted."

IMG_7481

Alex is youngest so he starts the present opening circle (we like to go one at a time, and make it really special)...

IMG_7486

Some presents hadn't arrived yet, but were on their way (we seem to have one of those kind every year)...

IMG_7487

 Alex with his pile...

IMG_7490

April with her pile...

IMG_7491

 And, Aric with his...

IMG_7493

 Aaron's loot...

IMG_7494

Mom's pile...

IMG_7495

Apparently I forgot to get a pic. of Dad's pile. 

It was a fun Christmas, and I'm thankful for all that we had to give the children, and all that was given to us from family and friends.

Desiree
 

No comments: