Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas lights in Keizer

About 15 minutes down the freeway is a neighborhood light display that we enjoy every year at Christmas time.  This year we finally walked it instead of driving.  I've been wanting to do this for a few years, but it was always easy to just stay cozy and warm in the car.  Plus, it's kinda long and I was never sure if the kids would really be able to make it that far.  And, we did run into the potty problem about halfway through with the youngest.  It was a lot of fun though!  It was nice to really get a good look at everything, and I feel like we experienced the lights so much more.  We even sang some carols along the way.

Our walk started out kind of crazy though. One of the first houses we came by at the start had this cool Polar express train set-up. Well, of course our littlest little boy went right up there to look, and I didn't realize that his foot had gotten caught on the cord.  See those huge bulbs right in front of him? (in the picture below)  Yeah,before we knew it the sound of glass shattering echoed through the night, and one of those huge bulbs was toast. I couldn't believe it! My heart sank, I felt so bad. I never thought we'd break somebody's light display.  I was mostly worried about being able to replace it. Well, we went up and knocked on the door to apologize and ask how much we could pay them for it.  The people were so nice and understanding.  They said those lights stopped working anyway, so we didn't owe them anything.  We helped clean it up, and ended up having a really nice conversation with them.  So thankful for nice and understanding people!

IMG_7364

I loved that it was actually a pretty decent night for weather too!  It wasn't freezing, or raining!  A double plus for Oregon.

IMG_7368

Aaron really liked this runway for Santa...

IMG_7367

Cute gingerbread house!

IMG_7370

I really liked these white silhouette creches.

IMG_7371

We tried to steer clear of any lights at the edge of the lawn during the whole walk, but he was too cute sitting here.  I had to take his picture before telling him to please get away from the lights.

IMG_7372

Amazing!

IMG_7374

If I had a light display I think I'd like to include the Eiffel tower.

IMG_7376

This house is pretty and for sale!  Sometimes I think it would be fun to live on this Christmas light route.

IMG_7377

It was a fun family night.  I think we'll walk it every year if we can. 

Desiree

No comments: