Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

My August gratitude list...

I made a special effort in the month of August to write down at least 2 things I was thankful for each day.  I love how thinking about what I'm thankful at the end of the day helps me to really keep things in perspective, and know truly blessed I am.

My August gratitude list:
  • Cubscout camp
  • Making my yard a more beautiful place
  • teaching children
  • parks with shade
  • friends
  • camping
  • friends while camping
  • songs around the campfire (hymns specifically)
  • my home
  • teaching children (didn't realize it until now that I wrote this one twice on 2 different days)
  • clean rooms
  • making plans for Fall
  • change!
  • library cards
  • morning walks
  • homeschool friends
  • cute hair cuts
  • resting from the world (sabbath day)
  • no television
  • mornings at the park
  • healthy children
  • birthday dinner outings
  • warm crockpot roast dinner
  • April's fun ideas
  • kids' birthday party
  • packing for a fun trip
  • peaceful mornings
  • birds chirping
  • fun camping trips
  • saying sorry
  • clouds
  • laughing with friends
  • free things
  • knowledge
  • cooking with my children
  • educational videos
  • hard work/satisfaction
  • my family
  • homemade bread
  • pictures of my kids
 I could definitely see a few repeats in there.  This was great, and I intend to keep going!  I am going to start a journal, and keep a running list.  It's neat to see what things I was thankful for, and I can look at each thing in this list and remember why I wrote that particular thing.

What are you thankful for today?

Desiree

1 comment:

Becca said...

I have a spiral notebook that I use and I number all my items. It's been really cool to see that number grow. Love your list.