Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall leaves--our list of things we want to do this fall

We haven't done this for a few years, so I thought it was time to do it again.  I made a tree out of brown paper, and some colorful leaves out of construction paper.  I wrote an activity on each leaf, so as we do each one we can put them at the bottom of the tree and watch the leaves fall. 

IMG_6834

Seeing this up on the wall makes me happy.  It reminds me that no matter how busy I am, we can take the time to enjoy this season, and all the things that make it special.  It reminds my kids that we have fun things coming up.  Most of all though, it just looks pretty.  I also love that it's big!  We emptied this space recently, and I'm loving having the wall space.

IMG_6835

Most of these activities are already things we're planning on doing, and some are just new things we hope to do.  No worries if we don't get to them though.  We've already made 1 leaf fall, apple picking!

IMG_6836

 Our list of Autumn activities:

Bauman farm field trip
Pick apples
go to halloween trail
give a service (raking leaves?)
make leaf pictures outside
play in the leaves
leaf cork painting
make caramel apples
make book character pumpkins
make a fun Fall treat
celebrate Mom's birthday
fall scavenger hunt
fall color walk
owl cookies
eat pie
eat donuts on a string
balloon pumpkin patch
watch a fall movie
erupting pumpkin faces
make a Thanksgiving craft
visit art museum
make halloween costumes
Read: Junie B. Jones, Boo and I mean it
Read: It's pumpkin day mouse!
go camping in the Fall
zoo in the Fall
OMSI in the Fall
Gilbert house in Salem in the Fall
Read: a fun book of choice
make homemade applesauce
crabbing at the coast

Desiree

2 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Great list! Enjoy OMSI and the zoo for us - there's nothing like them around here, and we miss them.

the splendid life of us... said...

What a fun idea! Living in the high desert we wont get to do most of those things. I am going to have to research some alternatives.

Brenley