Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Random thoughts from the day

A small carrot from our garden.

  • Our garden is actually growing something even though it looks like a mess!  We discovered one little pumpkin today, some green beans (I think, I didn't label anything, big mistake), and the tomatoes are finally turning red.
  • We had fish sticks for dinner for the first time.  The kids have been asking to try them, so we finally did.  But, I didn't tell them what they were until after they at least tried a bite.  Why can't my kids like the easy stuff?  It was such a nice, easy dinner to make, but didn't go over too well.
  • I liked the rain sprinkles today, and the clouds, and the warmth.  Looking forward to the cooler weather, even though we haven't had it for very long.
  • My house is clean today, and the kids have been so peaceful all day!!  What a difference it makes for getting things done when the kids are happy and content, such a difference from the whole last week.  I need more days like this to catch up.  Oh, and it also helped that we didn't have anywhere to go or be today.
  • I have a lot of green plums that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.  Any ideas?  I'm not usually a canner, or jam maker, although I'd love to get better at that.  The kids have been eating them, but they need to have something done with them soon!
  • Today I was talking about school with my neighbor and getting more excited about it starting.  I'm excited for the kids to be in school.  
  • My tooth hurts, looks like I am going to have to make that dreaded appointment to go in to the dentist.  
It has been a very peaceful day, and a lot goes through my mind on peaceful days.  I wish I could have more days like this!

No comments: