Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Gratitude...(and Easter)

Before I get to my thankfuls today I wanted to share our Easter real quick.  I think we had a lovely Easter Sunday.  It dawned bright and beautiful and early because I had some excited boys who wanted to get to finding their Easter surprises.  I think Aric was up around 5:30, but I made him lay back down until at least 6:00.  We had to start at 6 though because we have 8am church!  When everybody was up at around 6-ish the kids found their baskets, and their eggs.  We had some breakfast, headed to church.  After church we got ready for our friends the Rosses that were coming over for Easter dinner.  It was so nice to have friends over.  We don't have people over for dinner very often (except the missionaries), and April came to me after and said we need to do that more often.  The kids all had fun playing games after dinner.  I should have got a picture of our mega table running from the dining room to the living room!  I think that's why we don't have people over very often, we have a super small dining room.  I never know where I'd put anybody, but now I have a way!

Here is our collection of Easter symbols that we had from each day of telling the Easter story.  I didn't get nearly all of them together.  I'm hoping to do better next year.  Also, I didn't realize that the Easter rock letters had gotten all mixed up by one of the kids when I took this picture!  Ooops.  I don't want to go retake the picture, so you'll have to switch the letters on your own :-)
IMG_6015

This is Aric's basket

IMG_6014

This is April's basket
IMG_6013

This is Aaron's basket
IMG_6012

Alex's basket...
IMG_6010

I started making a list of all the things I have to do tomorrow.  I really don't know how I am to get through it all, except that I trust in God to help me.  To Him I am so thankful for all that he has given me, and will give me as I seek Him.

Today I am thankful for...
image

  • ...Beautiful sunrises, and that I was able to catch this one in a picture (mostly).
  • ...Friends to share dinner with on this special Easter Sunday.
  • ...The sounds of laughter and fun as children played games together all evening.
  • ...violin lessons for April, and that she is picking it up so quickly.
  • ...for friends that inspire me to be better, and help me in whatever way.
  • ...for a hubby that helps me make delicious food especially when we have company.  He is awesome in the kitchen.
  • ...(as an extension to the last one) for the yummy steak dinner that hubby prepared for us on Friday night when we came home from baseball practice.  It was melt in your mouth steak, so good!
  • ...that we have Aaron's baptism scheduled, and that it's coming so quickly.
  • ...that April and her Dad decided to start making a dress for April for Easter on Saturday.  They didn't finish, but she might have a new dress to wear for next Sunday.  It's so hard to find a decent dress for older girls anymore, so I'm thankful for the ability to make our own.
  • ...for blogging, and how much others inspire me, and how it gets me writing.
IMG_6009
I loved watching them work together, so thankful for my talented Hubby.



Happy Easter!

  

No comments: