Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Christ-Centered Easter (book)

IMG_5956
Day 1 basket of items donkey, palm branches, and bottle (anointing)
I discovered this book on this website put together by an LDS gal who has a list of all her favorite things to do around holidays (if you click on the link scroll down to Easter).  So, I decided to give it a try.  I looked at the book at the local LDS bookstore, and decided that it would really be a good resource for our Easter celebrations.  So, we are giving it a try!  We've done day 1 and 2, but we aren't doing all the activities listed for each day.  I didn't have enough time to plan for most of them, but I'm adding in some things of my own.   I am also trying to find the symbols for each day of the Easter story.  It has been fun so far.  I really love how organized this book is, and the simple activities it suggests.

As I have been trying to get into Easter this year, I took a look at some old blog posts of Easter time to see what kinds of things we have done over the years.  I was surprised to learn that we haven't dyed eggs for 2 years!  And, that I used to do so many more fun Easter things!  When did I become such an Easter dud?  Well, I'm trying to make up for it this year, and I have stuff ready for the Easter baskets this year unlike last year which was a complete Mom fail.  I'm pretty excited for their baskets this year, and I'm happy to report we are going to dye eggs this week too!

Desiree

No comments: