Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Walk-in bubble fun: summer fun

I am wanting to start posting here on my family blog again.  I was looking at what posts I had started but never finished.  I couldn't believe that I hadn't posted about this bubble fun we had last summer.  It was so awesome.  This was a pinterest idea that I almost gave up on, but glad I didn't. 

I bought a big thing of this plastic sheeting to make this giant bubble last spring.  Started making it one day during the spring, but decided it was too much work to tape around the whole thing of plastic sheeting.  Really, it's so tedious!  And, hard to get the tape just right.

But, one warm day during the summer when I had the patience, and wanted something fun for the kiddos to do I pulled it back out.  I was determined to make it work.  I decided that the tape didn't have to be perfect, and that made all the difference!  I quickly threw the tape on, and it was just fine.

The kids had a blast.

IMG_3997
The opening to go in.
Enter the bubble!

IMG_3995

Say "WOW, this is so cool!" over and over again.  Do a little dance.

IMG_3994

I wonder what our neighbors thought.  We had to do this out in the front yard.  Nobody came over to ask what we were doing though.  Oh well, it's not the first time you would see us outside doing something way out of the ordinary.

IMG_3993

Strike a pose!

IMG_3990
They couldn't get enough!

IMG_3985
Love these boys!  April was at girls camp so she never got to experience this.  I'm sure she would have loved it too.  She would have fit too!

Oh, and I never got a picture of it, but there is a fan at the other end taped to another opening.  In case you  weren't sure how we got it to blow up so well.  I guess I didn't get any pics of that.

This makes me excited for summer!

 

No comments: