Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

M is for My clothes washer

I am happily doing laundry today.  You won't find me saying that too often here, but today is an exception.  My washer was down all week, which meant I couldn't do any laundry for 4 days.  I was getting really nervous about all the laundry piling up, and I didn't really feel like dragging it all to the laundromat.

Michele had Thursday evening slotted out to fix it.  That's the first evening he could do it after all the parts got here.  I should have taken a picture of the mess in the kitchen while he was working on it.  I seriously was questioning if he would be able to put it back together!  I just had to stay away unless he needed help because it made me crazy seeing the mess in the kitchen and all the pieces everywhere.

He did it though!  It's all back together, and it doesn't make us deaf while it runs anymore.  It was the bearings that were shot, and it was starting to get so loud that we couldn't even block the sound by closing the laundry room door anymore.  There was also a part broken that made it bounce like crazy on the spin cycle.  Seriously, things would fall off the top of the dryer when the washer was on the spin cycle, that's how bad it was.  Finally we realized that something wasn't right with the washer.

I'm so glad that Michele could fix it.  He's so good about figuring out what's wrong, and he did!  He figured out exactly what was wrong, and bing bang boom, it was all better again.  Me, I was ready to head out to Lowe's and check out some washers!  Although I would have loved to buy a new washer and get one of the newer fancy jobs, I'm thankful we didn't have to put money into that right now.  Now we can hopefully get a few more years out of our already 12 year old washer!

IMG_3675
The washer waiting for repairs.
 

No comments: