Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

I is for IKEA couch

Okay, so I'm way behind on this alphabet blogging thing.  The next 4 letters are going to come kinda quick.  I am so behind because I was actually stumped on I for a while.  This post about our new IKEA couch seems kind of boring, but it's all I can come up with for I. 

Anyway, about this couch...we have always had used couches.  Our current set are pretty much thrashed (even the covers that cover the worn couch are starting to look worn).  We have looked at a lot of couches over the past few months, and haven't found anything that we've really liked.  We even started at IKEA first, but for some reason decided to look around more.  Well, we ended up back at IKEA, and now we have a brand new white couch.  Yes, it's white.  White? you say?  Why?  Because it's the cheapest cover set for this couch by at least $100.  I have to admit I love the white.  But, with 3 little boys...it's questionable as to how long this will STAY white.  The nice thing is it is washable.  The whole thing.  I'm happy to report that it is still pretty white, and we've had it for about 3 weeks.  Of course I'm the couch nazi lately...are you clean?  No sitting on that couch with dirty fingers!

Anyway, we're going to see how long it stays white.  I think we might dye it a cool color eventually.  That's our plan for now!  We have to go out and get one more couch to complete our living room.  We also still have yet to get rid of our old couches (which might be the other reason it's still so white because there are tons of places to sit).  I love having 3 couches in the living room for now until we do.  Watching a movie is great because there's room for everyone! 

IMG_3477

No comments: