Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

General conference: April 2013

It was our church's General conference last weekend.  I love conference, and watching it on our tv in our own home.  I love the great feeling it brings into our home while we are watching.  The talks, the music, the time spent listening with my family is always so uplifting.  I can't say that I have any great notes to share with you yet because I wasn't able to sit and studiously take notes.  Instead I was spending my time keeping my little ones focused, and sitting as quietly as little people can do.  We colored, we snacked, we snuggled, and we {tried} to listen as much as we could.  But, even though I couldn't always hear every single word, I sure could feel the spirit bearing witness of the truth of the things that were being spoken, and of the peace and happiness my family was feeling as we sat and listened.  Someday it will be my season to sit and be able to hear every word, but for now my conference time will be spent doing this...
IMG_3185

...coloring with the 2 year old
 IMG_3189

telling them about the speakers, who they are, what their names are, etc...
IMG_3191

...making fun little buckets for each child filled with a packet of fun activities, snacks, crayons, a dry erase board, and whatever else I can scrounge up real fast...
IMG_3180
IMG_3181
helping them with fun crafts like these (it was fun to put this together while listening!...IMG_3182
watching them have fun filling in the pages of their conference packet...IMG_3192

We only did the 2-two hour sessions on Sunday as a family.  I have a lot of catching up to do, but I always look forward to reading all the talks on my own for the few months after conference.  I can't wait to read again some of the great things I heard last Sunday. 

 

No comments: