Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

E is for Easter

I almost wasn't going to post anything about Easter, but it fits perfectly for the letter E (which I missed last week, so I'm catching up :-).  Anyway, I wasn't going to post about it because it nearly didn't happen.  Meaning, my kids barely got an Easter basket, we didn't even color Easter eggs, I didn't get the box of Easter decorations down, I failed to get any egg hunting in order, and for reasons beyond my control we even had to miss church on Easter Sunday!  I felt like a failure, big time.  You might have even heard me sobbing on Saturday night because I realized that I hadn't even gotten anything for their Easter baskets.  I won't go into exactly why.  In a way, I'm not really sure why.  The last few months have been a little hard for me personally, and I might have been just plain old worn out on the holidays.  I'll leave it at that.  But, thankfully, my wonderful Mother-in-law put together a little egg hunt in her backyard on Saturday per the kids request.  I was able to scrounge some things up to put into their baskets on Sunday morning (which I didn't get a picture of).  Just a few little toys, and some candy.  They were still excited to get them.

Anyway, Here they are waiting for the signal to go hunt for eggs.  I guess they waited all morning for us to come back (we were buying a boat) before they did their hunt, but gave up and just did it without us.

DSCF1218 DSCF1219 DSCF1220 DSCF1221 DSCF1222 DSCF1223

 We did get to watch Alex hunt for his eggs because he was napping while the big kids hunted for their eggs.
  image image image

 Looking back on this I learned how important family traditions are even when you are feeling tired and worn out.  Over all things turned out okay, I wish I could go back and make some fun memories with my kids over Easter time.  I guess there's always next year.


 

No comments: