Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: a little bit of everything

This blog isn't forgotten, I promise!  Most of what we have been up to lately gets posted on the homeschool blog because that's most of what we do.  And, as I am looking through my pictures, I really don't have anything other than homeschooling!  Wow, weird.  I do have other things I do other than homeschooling, but nothing picture or writing worthy here, and we haven't gone on any trips or anything lately so nothing to really post about.  So...I guess it's time to be thankful here.

I am thankful for...

  • I am thankful for all the organization I got done this week.  I was able to organize all 4 of our bookshelves in just 2 days.  I keep looking at it amazed that I finally pulled it off.  It's so nice to know (mostly) where all our books are, and to find them quickly.  I also did another big organization of the boys room, and got rid of another black bag of toys they don't play with, without them knowing.
  • I am thankful for the sewing machine that my brother-in-law let me borrow.  Yep, my sewing machine has been out of service for probably over a year now, and I took it in to see what can be done, but haven't heard back.  So, I have this machine that my brother-in-law had stored at my in-laws house, and I'm excited to get some projects done that have been waiting for a long time.
  • I am thankful for the desire to make my home a better place by cleaning, organizing, creating, cooking, and the list goes on with all the things a homemaker can do.  Oh, and being happy about it too!  I know there are times when it gets tedious, overwhelming and sometimes downright boring, but I am thankful that when I am happy about all these things I have to do it makes it so much better. (there's more to this, but I can't seem to figure out how to word it right.)
  • I am thankful for Hubby's back seeming to be on the mend.  He still has to take it easy a lot.  But, he is walking better, and can do a little more in the evenings with the family.  I'm thankful for the progress he's made with physical therapy.
  • I am thankful for fall, and that is almost here.  I've already started to notice the leaves changing!  It makes me excited.  And, shhhh, I've already decorated a little with some fall decorations.  I know, it's early, but it makes me happy to remember that fall is on the way.
  • I am thankful for April being at Grandma and Grandpa's this week. She gets to be away, and have fun.  I get some special time with the boys too.  I'm thankful that she can just go for a week because she's homeschooled, and we don't have to worry about her missing school.
  • I am thankful for all the fun things that are starting up for us in our homeschool this fall.  We suddenly have a great group growing here in Woodburn, and have activities and field trips already planned.  I'm thankful for all the friends we have close by us now, and that we will have some fun things to do when the rainy weather starts settling in.  This has been a tremendous blessing as there has been nothing this close to us since we started homeschooling 5 years ago.
I just realized that in the beginning I almost sounded like being Thankful was a last resort.  That is not the case!  I am thankful first everyday for so many things I can't even list them all in one post.  I guess what I was getting at was that I don't always get around to making a post about what I'm thankful for, and it's about time I did!  Being thankful always comes first in my heart.



 
 

No comments: