Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

What's in the workbox?

When I first started using the workboxes I struggled a little.  Okay, a lot.  It was a challenge for me to keep up with filling them, and so I gave them up for a while.  I just came across the post back in April of 2010 (at bottom of post) where I said I would not be using the workboxes any more for a while.  But, I knew when I said that, I would come back to them eventually.  At the time it was a relief, but I'm so glad I'm using them again, and that I've figured it out! 

Here is a look at what is in the workboxes for an average school day.  I love how the workboxes are working for us this year, especially since I have finally figured out how to change them every night quickly.  They also really help me to keep each child's work organized.  Aric has trays, and I only encourage, I don't force him to do school work.  He usually just loves to have his own work, and loves to be at the table with us.  But, there are times when he wants nothing to do with it.  I also have sticker incentive sheets for each child.  April really needs no incentives, but since I do it for the boys, I let her earn stickers too.  When they fill up a page of stickers they can pick a prize from the prize basket.  Aaron is the one that needs this motivation the most.

PB289555
April's boxes (on the left shelf):
Box#
1.  Teaching textbooks math lesson 31
2.  Kaya book and list of questions to answer for American Girl club
3.  Zoology 1, to begin reading chapter 2
4.  Fall nature study book
5.  Evan Moore Creative and Critical thinking for grade 5
6. Language lessons for the secondary child
7.  Evan Moore Building Spelling Skills
8 and 9.  Christmas puzzle  100pc.
10.  Something, can't tell what's in there.
11. Lab Mice maze challenge
12.  Evan Moore Daily 6-trait writing

Aaron's boxes (middle shelf):

1.  Kindergarden math work
2.  Caps for sale book to read and lapbook activities
3.  Kumon word writing book
4.  Beginning geography (Evan Moore)
5.  Evan Moore Daily Science Grade 1 (he loves this book)
6.  Developing the early learner

Aric's trays (right shelf):

1.  A cutting activity (usually daily)
2.  Dry erase activity center
3.  Kumon ABC's writing practice
4.  Charlie Brown Christmas stickers to decorate a border for pin board
5.  Last of his letter H is for hammer tot school printables.
6.  Math shapes worksheet

Some things like Math, and writing just repeat each day.  I love the variety that I can have in the boxes each day even when things like Math repeat.  I can also include fun things like puzzles in between the more tedious boxes.  That's what's in the box!

No comments: