Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Red Raspberry muffins

The kids really wanted to pick some berries, so we went to pick while raspberries were good.  We came home with 3 bowls of raspberries, and I didn't know what else to do with them.  They aren't my family's favorite berry, but it was fun to pick them anyway.  The kids sure liked them fresh.  I do like to try new things so I found a few new recipes to use with the raspberries.  I really liked this one for raspberry muffins, especially the crumbled topping.  I found it at cooks.com.  The kids didn't really care for it (they don't care for anything cooked with fruit), but Hubby and I thought they were pretty good. He did say though that these muffins would be perfect without the raspberries (not his favorite berry).  I guess I'll try a different berry for him next time, ha, ha.

RED RASPBERRY MUFFINS

2 tbsp. butter, softened
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. fresh raspberries
Mix the first 3 ingredients (butter, flour and brown sugar) together and set aside for the topping. Mix together by spoon the sugar, egg, milk and butter; stir in the flour and baking powder. Add raspberries. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full and sprinkle topping mixture on top.Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: