Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last day of preschool, finally!

(this post really should be back dated to May 20, the last day of preschool, it took me a little while to get it posted :)
From the first day of preschool...
Sept 8,2010 385

...to the last!
P5208269
They had a little program on the last day of preschool, and sang some songs about God.

A whole year of preschool has gone by!  I'm so glad he's done, and now he's home for Kindergarden.  He had a fun time going to preschool, but it was a long road at times.  Some days were really hard to get him to go, and to keep him excited all year long.  I almost decided to pull him out in March, but was able to convince him to stay just a little bit longer until it was all done.  He said he missed me at preschool!  That's why he didn't want to go as much anymore towards the end.  Well, I don't blame him, and I loved that he missed me.  It was hard for me to make him go, and I really didn't want to go through the sadness every day for the last month of school when he didn't want to stay anymore, so he actually finished 3 weeks earlier.  I told him that he could be done, and I could tell that just made him so happy.  His teacher invited him to come back for the last day party though, so we did.

The party
P5208272

They played outside after the program for a little bit while the party was getting all ready inside.  Then they came inside and split into groups.  They had 5 or 6 stations that the groups would rotate around to do a special activity.  Aaron's group did the jump house first...
P5208277

Then his group came inside and made a spiral mobile thing.  Aric was included in everything, and loves preschool.  I think I got most of the pictures of him in all the activities.
P5208279

Aric was playing in the sensory bin before he realized that he could go do a fruit kebob...
P5208281

Then, they did a fruit kebob.  See, I don't remember why I didn't get a picture of Aaron doing this.  Probably because I was trying to keep track of Aric in all the chaos.
P5208282

Finally a picture of Aaron!  Now his group frosted and decorated a cookie...
(the kebobs and cookies were a part of their snack that day too)
P5208284

Then, they went outside to do a scavenger hunt, but I didn't get any pictures of that.  April got to hide all the little toys for the scavenger hunt.  She got to help a lot at the preschool throughout the year, and loved it.

After the party I was glad to finally be done with preschool. 
aaron


No comments: