Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lego play

I decided to bring out something that I hadn't brought out for a while, the lego's.  My toddler is good about not putting these in his mouth, and I was also surprised at how interested he was in playing with them.  He can't put them together yet himself, but he would hand me the piece he wanted and I would put it on for him.  He tried connecting some of the bigger pieces, and was successful a few times, but mostly he would just set it on there and clap his hands.  Like that door that he's playing with.  We had fun playing peek-a-boo with that door for a while.  I would put something behind it (usually just another lego piece), and he would open it and giggle with excitement.  Such simple pleasures, such a simple toy.  Legos really are genius!



Here is my toddler's creation.  He really liked putting that little blue tonka car in the middle of his little lego creation.


Here he is playing with that door again:



And again:


Now, I said my toddler didn't have a problem with putting the lego's in his mouth, but my preschooler on the other hand...I turned to look at him and he was chewing on this wheel!  He likes the wheels, and promptly took it out when I asked him to.  Unfortunately I was having so much fun taking pictures of my little guy that I didn't get a shot of his creation before he decided he was done and destroyed it.  Oh well, I'll have to get one soon.

Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

No comments: