Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Got Clementine's?

What do you do with a lot of Clementine tangerine's that need to be eaten?  That's what I was asking myself a few days ago.  I just decided to dump the bag out on the table and see what my preschooler wanted to do with them.  I just asked him if he wanted to help me peel them, and he got a pan out and said he wanted to "cook" them.  He has played with them, hid them, put them in all kinds of various containers, counted them, peeled them, and yes he has been eating them. 

I hid them twice for him to find, like easter eggs.  Here is one of the hiding spots:


I realized that they would sort really well on a mini muffin tin pan:


He had exactly 24, and one big orange jumped in for some reason:

We counted a little, he's very pleased:

Here he is finding the hidden ones

Another one:
He played with these for a few days.  I have them rounded up in a basket on the counter now, and hoping that I found them all after the fun play.  :-)

Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

3 comments:

Sunflowermommie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunflowermommie said...

Here is my comment again - I removed it originally, because I kept calling them oranges and wanted to correct it.

That was such a cute post about the Clementine Tangerines. I love how he counted them on the muffin tin. There are so many uses for muffin tins. Did you end up cooking them? I wouldn't even begin to know how to cook Clementine Tangerines.

Desiree said...

I kept wanting to call them oranges too, lol! No, we didn't cook them, I really don't know how to either. I'm sure there is a way :-)