Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

O is for Opportunity

Some of you may or may not know that my kiddos will be going to public school this Fall.  I love homeschooling, but I have felt it a huge burden this year.  Not my children, they are not the burden!  The burden being that I have to do everything, pretty much, on my own.  I have felt for the past few months that for the sake of my sanity, and more opportunities for my children that they needed to go to school.  After I finally decided that the kids should go to school next year, I felt this huge relief!  I felt as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder.  Most of all I have felt peace.

Well, they are all registered to go to school, and I'm super excited for them.  They are excited too.  Although every day is a different level of excitement.  Some days they ask if school is starting soon, and other days Aric tells me he's scared to go to school.  He'll be okay though.  I know he's going to love it.

I can hardly wait.  But, not because I want them to go away, but because I am excited for them to have this experience.  To go to school.  I'm excited for the opportunities they'll have.  Opportunities...that's one of the biggest reasons I really want them to go to school.  I feel like they miss out on the opportunities for sports, or music, or clubs.  I hope and pray that this will be a great year for them!  Bring on Fall, we are ready!



 

p.s. Oh, and I still plan to do much learning at home with them after school. We are still going to homeschool--after school, and on weekends, and vacations, etc.

No comments: