Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me

P5068223

So, not only did I get this beautiful hanging basket and other beautiful flowers for Mother's day, I got a nasty sick bug too.  I've been laid up on the couch since Sunday night.  It really stinks.  Not only does it feel yucky, and my kids are having to watch way too much movies and DVD's, there are so many things that aren't getting done.  I can hardly be up for any amount of time, I'm so weak.  My throat hurts so much I can't eat anything.  Being a sick Mommy really isn't fair.  My Hubby has taken over when he can, but he does have to work during the day so that leaves me to cope all day with my ailments and bored kids.  We are surviving though, and I'm sure I'm not the first momma to be sick with little ones.

On to the more happier things that I've been up to lately!

  • I finally opened my Photoshop Elements box and installed it on my computer.  Now that I've done it, I don't know why I waited so long.  I wish I knew all that there is to know about it still.  I have a lot to learn.
  • I've been busy planning and putting together homeschool plans for this summer, and possibly next year.  I still don't know if we've gotten into the K12 virtual school yet, so I don't know what to plan for that yet.  This picture shows how I've filed 9 weeks of activities and school work for all 3 kids, including Tot school.
  • P4198061
  • My Hubby has built a kids sized picnic table that turned out amazing.  Pictures to come soon.  He is also going to build an adult sized table this week, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
  • I am in full planning mode for the older 3 kids' birthday parties over the next few months.  Aaron's is only a few weeks away.  He is going to have a baseball themed party.
  • I guess another thing I sort of got for Mother's day is a nice gazebo out in the back yard over the patio.  It'll be so nice to have that covered area.  
  • We had a fun Mother/daughter activity at church for her activity girls group.  They did a "spa night", and had it all set up for doing a manicure, pedicure, foot soaking, making some flipflops, and a chocolate mask.  I didn't get any pictures because I didn't take my camera.  It was a lot of fun.  They also had a baby picture matching game where you had to guess which baby picture belongs to moms or daughters.  It was a super fun activity.  I even got to take April out to pizza before, just the two of us.
  • The youth from church did service projects for their last activity and came by our house to do a service.  I got my windows cleaned on the outside!  I am so thrilled because it has been on my mental to-do list.  Now I just have to work on the inside windows. 
  • The kids' t-ball and softball games have been rained out for the first 2 games, so we have yet to have a game.  Lets hope for Friday to be nice and sunny!
  • Hopefully we'll all be well enough to get the boys off to their Father's and Son's campout this Friday.  The boys are very excited.

    No comments: