Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coloring easter eggs

We had 2 parts to coloring our Easter eggs.  First we dyed them, then the next day we decorated them with some different dye that was more like paint.  We found the paint dye kits at the dollar store. 
Here are the eggs after first dunking:
April is getting ready to paint and decorate:

After we were all set up we decorated with paints and stickers, they really loved this part.  Here's Aaron with one of his eggs:

April's completed eggs:

Aaron's completed eggs.  His designs ended up running all together to make them look like they were just dyed again.  I love the colors that he made, more browns and dark greens.  They look pretty neat.

This is how he got the nice looking browns and greens, by rubbing his hands all around the egg:

Okay, this isn't really related to egg coloring except that it has to do with eggs.  This is the one and only workbox I had that was interesting for April this week.  She loved it and it was fun.  It was an Easter egg Sudoku puzzle.  It was a little bit of a challenge for her, but it really helped her to find new ways to solve the puzzle by having the little egg cut outs to manipulate in her hand.  Unfortunately, I cannot share this puzzle as it was purchased from Currclick--the April book bag, so you'll have to go buy it.  I think it was a fun idea though.
This will probably be the last workbox idea I will share for a very long time.  I will not be doing workboxes anymore, a hard decision, but I think a good one.  We are still homeschooling, but I needed to be free from the stress of worrying about boxes and what's in them.  I kind of feel a great relief, and looking forward to a more relaxed homeschool day.
Homeschooling one day at a time--as long as it takes!

No comments: