Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

Weekly Wrap-Up: The one with school pictures

Life this week...

We just had a nice long 4-day weekend and we're all sad it's over. I guess it's always nice to start a new week though. Not too much happened over the weekend. Just a lot of relaxing at home, getting things done.

Kids' School this week...

I received the digital images from Alex's first school pictures this week. They turned out pretty good. He chose to wear his Taco Bell sweatshirt/hoodie for the picture. I did ask him to remember to take it off. Oh well, it really is a good representation of him this school year anyway. I had the choice of backgrounds, and I chose these 3 for my digital images. I'm having a hard time deciding which one is best. I think the gray one is probably my favorite with the school year on it.

Alexander, 5th grade

  YPW9Q3J2-29196 YPW9Q3J2-29209 YPW9Q3J2-29188

Mom-school this week...

I started doing piano lessons this week for myself online with Hoffman Academy. I am really enjoying them. I love that I can do it anytime from home. I've been trying to teach myself the piano since I was a kid. I remember using a Nintendo game and a keyboard when I was a girl. I have had a desire to learn for a long time. It's amazing how that knowledge from when I was a kid doing piano on the Nintendo is actually still there and helping now. I think it was this "game" called the Miracle Piano System (click the link to see it on Wikipedia).

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

On Thursday (since Alex had no school) Alex had a Nerf Wars camp at his parkour gym. It was a 2-hour block of playing Nerf games with other kids his age. He was super excited, but when I came back he was so bummed because his Nerf gun had not worked very well the whole time. He pretty much was sitting for most of the time he said. This was a new gun that he just bought especially for this day, so it shouldn't have had any problems. When we got home we checked it out and it shot our Nerf darts fine. We think there might have been some things that might have caused it to not shoot very well. Such a bummer though! Now we know to send him with 2 in case one isn't playing nice.

  Untitled

On Tuesday we went bowling for $2.00 Twosday at Langer's. This is the place we went to many times over the summer for kid's free bowling. It was our first time back since summer. Still a lot of fun! I didn't get any pictures of bowling, but I did get a few pictures of him playing some arcade games.

Untitled Untitled

I enjoy the indoor fire they have. I can sit there while Alex plays. Although he wanted me to come and play with him quite a bit this time.

Untitled

Alex and I tried a new food place called Dave's Hot Chicken before his Nerf War camp. The spice of the chicken was great, but then I flicked a piece of the seasoning in my eye. I thought I was going to be blind. It was so painful. Lesson learned: spicy chicken belongs in the mouth, not the eye. It was pretty tasty though. Alex wasn't a fan of the dry seasoning.

Untitled

My favorite thing this week was... 

 Alex wanted to make me hot cocoa with peppermint one evening. He kept saying he wanted to do something for me, but it was a surprise. Then he spilled the beans when I asked why we had to get some peppermint candy canes earlier in the day. Such a sweet kid!

  Untitled


My kids' favorite thing this week was...

Playing with this Magic Penny Magnet Kit. It was a gift for Aaron last Christmas, but Aaron decided he didn't want it anymore so he brought it out for us to play with. Alex was so excited to finally get to try it out. He really wanted to try it out when Aaron opened it last Christmas. Now was finally his chance!

  Untitled

This kit has a whole booklet of fun magnetic experiments, but of course he just wanted to make some cool designs. Fun fact: Most US pennies and US coins are NOT magnetic! The coins in this are just fake ones. 

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I am currently finding all the pieces to and rebuilding this LEGO set. It's Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, Spaceship set. I spent most of the weekend looking through all of our gray bin for all the gray pieces. I'm tired of looking at gray, but the good news is I am almost done with gray! Only a few more colors to go!

  Untitled

Something I accomplished...

Writing this post! I have been wanting to blog all week, but just didn't make the time. I am excited to finally be writing a post again!

Movies/TV we watched... 

We watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix on Sunday evening for pizza night. That's a fun movie.

Games we played...

Alex and I played SkipBo. I also played a new one: Rack-O, with Aric. We also put together the Harry Potter LEGO game to play later next week.

  IMG_4662 Untitled     

I'm grateful for...

Lunch dates with friends. 


No comments: