Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

List it Tuesday: a picture list of life lately


I'm still here!  Just busy, busy, busy.  Thought I'd share some random life happenings lately in a list.

1.  This was my first Pampered chef stoneware pan.  It lasted 11 years!  Now it's gone.  One wrong move, and it hit the floor just right. 

image

2. Ants.  I really wish they would go away.  We battle them every spring/summer.  I think we must live on a giant ant hill, really.  Well, this year presented a new king of ant...giant ones.  This picture really doesn't show just how big these things are.  They are so creepy and gross on my kitchen counter!  They are super fast too.  I really was so grossed out by these huge ones.  We think they are carpenter ants.  The small ones keep popping up everywhere too.  I had a bag of brown sugar in my food storage that apparently had a hole, and I didn't realize it.  I brought it in to use, and there inside the bag crawling all around was ants!  Yuck!  I had to go through all the food storage, clean it all up, and make sure there weren't anymore ants in other things.  Luckily it was just the brown sugar.  Now all my sugar has to be stored in the freezer.  Boo!  We have tried so many ant killers, but they just keep coming back.

image

3.  My boys' room is clean and organized for about 5 minutes!  I struggle to keep this tiny room with 3 boys and all their stuff organized.  I really wish I just had someplace else to put toys, like a toy room.  It's so nice when I get it clean and organized though.  It's getting better!  This may not look all that spiffy, but it looks waaaayyy better than it did before.  April says I should have taken a before picture, I would be too embarrased!  One other thing, in this picture the bed is Aaron's trundle bed.  We used to pull it out every night from under the bunk bed.  We decided to just make a space for him to have his bed out all the time, and it has been soooo nice.  He loves it, and is waiting patiently for a real bed now.


IMG_6027

IMG_6028

4.  I just loved this picture that one of my boys made in primary one Sunday.  My family makes me happy.
IMG_6031

5.  April is doing awesome on her violin.  It makes me happy to hear musical sounds (violin and piano) coming from her room EVERYDAY, and I don't even have to remind her to practice.  She had been renting a violin from the Music Man studio where she takes lessons, but we decided to buy her one since she loves it so much.  Pictured here is her new violin.  What a blessing!  She got to go to a violin store and pick it out herself with her Dad.  I heard she tried at least 9 different violins.  She really liked this one.  And, wow, those things aren't cheap!

IMG_6036

6.  Chocolate chip muffins.  Yum!  My kids love these things.

IMG_6042

7.  General conference projects.  We had a great time as a family listening to General conference again this past April.  I usually try to have some fun things for the kids to do while they listen.  I just love this paper doll chain of the prophets, it turned out pretty fun. 
IMG_5947

We also attempted a tissue paper mosaic sun catcher of the the front of the conference center where the choir and the organ are.  Can you see it?  Well, everyone else thought it more resembled a ship, oh well!  It was fun to try.  The original idea was found at We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ.

IMG_5949

8.  I have decided to take the plunge and start a new type of scrapbooking system called Project Life.  I love the idea of not having to create original pages, or big fancy layouts just to get my pictures in books.

IMG_5927

9.  Family walks.  We have been taking more of them as the weather is getting nicer.  It's nice that Hubby's back is up for these again!

IMG_5878

 

No comments: