Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

happenings

I have been MIA here on my blog a lot lately.  It's not because we don't have anything going on, but the opposite.  I just feel like I never have time for blogging anymore.  It makes me sad sometimes.  I really want to keep up here because it's one of my favorite outlets for sharing, and something I enjoy.  I also love to look back on things I wouldn't record otherwise.  So, here are a few things I've missed over the past few months.

1.  My FHE sign complete with names.  Right after I finished adding our names Alex managed to lose his tag, so I made the empty one with his name.  Then, right after that we found his old tag, so he has 2 tags.  Guess that means he always gets to do 2 things for FHE!  This board has helped us immensely!  Not only does it remind us to DO FHE, but it keeps us organized.  Love it!  It also looks really neat on the wall.

IMG_2286

2.  Swim lessons.  The 2 older kids did swim lessons during the month of January.  It was a nice way to get through the hardest part of winter for homeschoolers.  It gave us a great opportunity to get some exercise, and the little boys enjoyed splashing around with me for an hour.

image


3.  Aric got his hair cut for the first time at a real "barber shop."  He was scared at first, but the guy that cut his hair got him to get into the chair, and now he wants to go there every time.  This picture didn't do justice for his handsomeness after his haircut.  He was sooooo adorable!

 image


4.  The boys caught their first real fish!  We went to a sports and fishermans show down in Eugene one weekend, and they had a pond set up for kids to catch fish.  I could tell they were so proud of catching their fish.  So glad they had that boost because last summer on their first fishing trip they were so bummed about not catching anything.  So, Grandpa helped them clean up the fish, and we took it home so they could try it.  We told them they had to at least try it.  Aaron ended up really liking it.  Aric didn't hardly get a nibble in his mouth.  But they both loved watching the process of getting it ready, cooking it, and taking the meat off the bones.  Such a great experience for these boys!

 image image IMG_2861

5. I just love seeing my kiddos all dressed in their Sunday best.  I love that we can do this each Sunday.  They were looking particularly handsome/pretty a few Sunday's ago, so I snapped a picture.

IMG_2870

I guess that's all for now.

 

No comments: