Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Muffin Tin Meal--celebrate/party

Today's muffin tin meal was pretty sweet! The theme was celebrate/party and what a perfect week for that theme because we are celebrating a very special birthday this week. It's A7's birthday, and a very special one too! It's her #8!!! That means we have a very special occasion to go along with this birthday, she's getting baptized too. So, she's very excited this week, and she was even more thrilled to see a muffin tin meal with all her favorites in it.

I'm pretty proud of myself with this one because we didn't have a lot of her favorite foods on hand, and we needed to get a lot of things from the grocery store. But, I knew we needed to make due with what we had so here it is:

This is all of A8's favorites: A graham cracker with chocolate frosting and sprinkles, easy cheese (she loves this stuff), wheat thin crackers, Watermelon, Purple (her fav color) m&m's, and peanuts. A3's muffin tin was pretty much the same thing, but his had cottage cheese instead of easy cheese.

By the way, this isn't the first MTM we've done, but it's the first one I've posted about so some of you may not know what it is. We started them a month ago, I just never got around to posting. I'll also tell you that I wasn't so hip on the Muffin tin meal idea at first, I actually thought it was kind of odd. But, now that we've done it a few times, I can't believe how fun it is! It's fun to be creative, the kids love it, and it's a great way to present food. The kids are always asking now if it's muffin tin meal day yet? So, if you want a fun twist for you lunch, dinner, snack or even breakfast, give it a try!

To see more muffin tin meal ideas go here.
Michelle over at
Her Cup Overfloweth

hosts this Muffin tin meal, to learn more about it go there.

3 comments:

BranFlakes said...

My kids would flip with excitement over the easy cheese!

Andrea said...

Cute idea with the candles. Will have to remember to pick up cottage cheese for my next tin. Thanks for the great ideas. I'm a beginner :)

Michelle at Her Cup Overfloweth said...

get out of town! super cute! I love the candles and easy cheese! what kid wouldn't love that?