Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Five things on Friday

Just Five random things from the week that I want to share.  I started writing on Friday, but here it is Saturday.  Oh well.



  • I started watching these "I'm a Mormon" videos one day this week while doing dishes.  I'd only seen a few before.  They are real stories of real people.  I love seeing other people's stories, and how they live their life and came to know God.  I really enjoyed this one about Lindsey Stirling.  She is April's favorite violin player/musician.  April really really wants to learn violin right now.  I'll have to show April this one.

IMG_5474

  • Family home evening involved some very messy fun.  I had nothing planned for FHE this week so I told Aaron he could do a science experiment for us.  He had been itching all day to do one.  Well, he chose this one, playing with oobleck.  From that I thought about hands, and we read the poem in the Friend "A Busy Day for Hands".  Then we talked about ways we can always use our hands for good and for helping.  It turned out to be a nice last minute FHE.  
  • The boys started wrestling club last week.  It is good for them.  They like it mostly.  They want to only wrestle with people they know though, and that's not always possible.  I'm hoping they get to know the other kids quickly, so they can participate the whole time.  This is my very first experience with wrestling!
  •  I decided that Bi-mart is a really awesome store.  It has some great deals and so much variety in a smallish store.  I had to go there 2 times this week for a few things and ended up buying a whole bunch of pasta and other food items on sale.   
  • Valentine's decorations are finally up!  Found a box that we hadn't taken down for a few years because it somehow got lost up in the attic.  It was fun to see all the forgotten decorations that I had. 

 

No comments: