Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Apples: day 1

We are doing an apple unit/study starting this week, and here is what we did the first day.

Here is a game that was in one of pink flyers boxes: She was to roll the dice, add the numbers and put that many apples on the tree by dipping the end of a pencil into red paint. She loved this game!
P9143849

This is green flyer's game on one of his trays: It's a felt tree with felt apples, and he was to match the numbers on the apples to the numbers on the stem. I thought for sure he would like it, but he hasn't picked it to work on yet. We'll see if he tries it tomorrow, I've left it out.
P9143848

We had an apple themed muffin tin meal: apple tree (key lime yogurt, with m&m's), an apple sandwich with worms, apple smiles(2 slices of apple with marshmallows for teeth), Oreo's (yeah, it's not apples, oh well), apple soda, and the word apple spelled out with letter cereal.
P9143839

P9143840

I'll try to post as many of our apple activities as I can through out the rest of the month. We also started apple lap books, and we hope to go apple picking.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute muffin tin and I love the felt activity!

Tiffany said...

I love the felt tree! I am all about felt! Great tin...I love the worms coming out of the apple sandwich.

{ L } said...

You are doing a great job with your unit study!! How special and fun for your kids. <3